Part-Time Motorcycle Safety Rider Course Rider Coach - FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Motorcycle rider course Rider Coaches conduct classes for the Division of Workforce & Economic Development Program teaching Basic Rider Course 1 and Basic Rider Course 2 classes in accordance with the curriculum. RiderCoaches are expected to take part in regularly scheduled instructional meetings, professional development, and to complete and submit required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Rider Coaches assist new and experienced riders to acquire their motorcycle license. Provide knowledge and skill s to ride safely on the streets.
- Assigned courses, days, times and/or locations may vary from semester to semester.
- Assignments may be any combination of classroom and online modes.
- Assignments may be located on any combination of CSN's several campuses.
- Assignments may be any combination of morning, afternoon and evening hours.
- Assignments may be any combination of any days of the week including weekends.
- Assignments may be any combination of courses for which instructor is qualified
Basic Rider Course 1 runs one evening and two full days consecutively. Basic Rider Course is a one day course to assist experienced riders to be safer on the roads. (Both are approved License Waiver courses)Required Qualifications
- Must be certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and licensed by the state of Nevada to conduct classes in Nevada.
Starting Salary Range:
- Teaching experience or be able to speak in public
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following documents:
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation RiderCoach Prep course certificate or MSF RiderCoach ID card.
- Cover letter
Please Note: This job announcement is not an offer of employment. It will be open for a period of one year and has been established to collect a robust candidate pool for part-time positions that may become available within the designated discipline at CSN. If a part-time position becomes available within the discipline, the department will review the application material of the candidates who have applied and will invite select candidates to interview based on their qualifications. Should a candidate be selected for a part-time instructor position, no minimum course load is guaranteed and teaching assignments, if any, are contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, minimum student enrollment and/or department need. No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided to local or out of area/out of state candidates and there is no guarantee of continued or future part-time and/or full-time employment. Teach sociology courses, which may include introductory courses, social issues, research methods, statistics, and related sociology (SOC) courses.NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Motorcycle-Safety-Rider-Course-Rider-Coach---FY-2022_R0125919
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency