Clinical Research Coordinator A (General Internal Medicine)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Coordinator A (General Internal Medicine)Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator AJob Description SummaryJob Description
This is a clinical research coordinator position in the Safer Aging for Geriatrics-Informed Evidence-Based Practices Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (SAGE QUERI). This project is implementing four evidence-based practices at VA medical centers across Pennsylvania in a randomized trial using different implementation science approaches. The CRC-A position serves to assist the project management core, administrative core, and implementation and evaluation cores to accomplish the deliverables of this project.
We are seeking to hire a Clinical Research Coordinator A to join the Safer Aging through Geriatrics-Informed Evidence-based Practices (SAGE) Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI) program. SAGE QUERI is testing different implementation strategies at all VA medical centers in Pennsylania to understand how best to implement four evidence-based practices intended to improve care for older Veterans. The CRC-A supports the administrative core, project management core, and implementation and evaluation cores. Thus, time is spread across administrative tasks (e.g., scheduling, travel), project management (assisting with implementation of specific evidence-based practices using different implementation strategies), and evaluation (obtaining and analyzing relevant data).
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the PI through coordination of studies dedicated to improving the outcomes of older Veterans through implementation of evidence-based practices.
Duties for a Clinical Research Coordinator A include a variety of research and administrative tasks, such as regulatory document preparation and submission; screening and assessing for study eligibility; enrolling study participants; data management (quantitative and qualitative); communication with outside partners; preparation of sponsor reports, and other miscellaneous tasks as needed. This position also includes management of retention - scheduling, preparation and documentation of all follow-up activities.
The ideal candidates will have the ability to handle a variety of health services research- related tasks including the planning and implementation of recruitment and retention activities, managing all aspects of study participant visits, and monitoring the performance of external study sites in accordance with University of Pennsylvania. Candidates who have demonstrated experience in areas above are encouraged to apply.
Position is contingent upon funding.
Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and communication skills, and experience working in or with governmental organizations.
Office, Library, Computer Room; Requires extensive safety
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or lessJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$36,401.00 - $65,521.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall/Clinical-Research-Coordinator-A--General-Internal-Medicine-_JR00036930-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency