Part Time - Dental Hygiene Instructor - FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2414759&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPlease Note:
This job announcement is not an offer of employment. This requisition has been established to collect a robust candidate pool for part-time positions that may become available within the designated discipline at CSN. If a part-time position becomes available within the discipline, the hiring department will review the application material of the candidates who have applied and will invite select candidates to interview based on their qualifications. Should a candidate be selected for a part-time instructor position, no minimum course load is guaranteed and teaching assignments, if any, are contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, minimum student enrollment and/or department need. No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided to local or out of area/out of state candidates and there is no guarantee of continued or future part-time and/or full-time employment.Core Responsibilities:
- Provide didactic, clinical, and/or lab instruction in the Dental Hygiene Associate program. May include nights. Course assignments are at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Meeting all classes at the time, place and length of time designated
- Teaching courses as assigned which correlate with the catalog descriptions and course outlines in a manner designed to assist the student to achieve the specific objectives of the course.
- Attend faculty development in-services and program review which may include nights and weekends.
- Support the goals, missions, and core values of the dental hygiene program by building good relations through clear communication with the director, faculty, and students.
Applications will be considered on an as-needed basis determined by course availability. This position will be paid $925.00 per lecture credit hour or $46.25 per hour of Lab or Clinical Instruction. Credits will vary by semester.
- Periodically examining and information each student of his/her progress toward achieving the course's objectives.
- Preparing and administering examinations, which measure the student's attainment of the course's objectives.
- Preparing and administering at the prescribed time, a final examination that appropriately measures the student's attainment of the course's objectives.
- Assigning grades to students.
Part-time instructors are not specifically evaluated on Professional Development or Service to the College or Community. However, CSN encourages part-time instructors to continue to develop their skills, further their education and contribute to the College and Community through service activities. Therefore, space will be provided on the evaluation form where, as an option, the evaluator can list various activities in which the part-time instructor has been engaged during the evaluation period which contributes to either professional development or College/Community service.Exempt
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time---Dental-Hygiene-Instructor---FY-2022_R0125917
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency