TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
This is a 10 month paid part-time position. Job requirements are outlined below:Is Time Limited:
• Design, develop, implement and evaluate evidence and scientific-based strength and conditioning programs that may include warm-up/cool-downs, plyometric/speed/change of direction training, strength training, energy system development, recovery, and injury rehabilitation coordination with athletic training staff for assigned teams
• Conduct detailed movement assessments with all athletes prior to training in conjunction with athletic training staff
• Create detailed needs analyses for assigned sports in conjunction with sport coaches and support staff
• Documenting of reliable/valid performance changes to determine the efficacy of training programs
• Review training process results and determine the evolution of training process based on testing, monitoring, and performance results
• Develop a seamless line of communication with the Assistant Athletic Director of Strength and Conditioning/Olympic Sports and your respective sport coaches regarding the performance and readiness of the student-athlete, which includes timely reporting and response to the Director’s inquiries or assignments
• Provide support to assigned teams, working in conjunction with S&C coach assigned to the team
• Provide input on training theories and methodology adding to an expected level of excellence
• Cultivate a transdisciplinary mindset within the department through open collaboration with support staff, sport coaches, and administration
YesIf Yes, Appointment Length:
10 MonthJob City & State:
Strength & ConditioningClassification Title:
Temporary Working Title:
Strength & Conditioning AssistantWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday with nights and weekends as required.Other Work/Responsibilities:
As assigned by supervisors.Minimum Experience/Education:
Bachelors degreeDepartment Required Skills:
Must possess CSCS or CSCCa certificationPreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
Prior experience in collegiate athletics.Required License or Certification:
Must possess CSCS of CSCCa certificationValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
TBDJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.