As the sole administrative support position for an outpatient mental health facility serving more than 600 students each year, this individual independently plans, coordinates, and manages all of the front desk and clerical activities in coordination with the Director. They also co-manage our electronic scheduling and clinical records system, coordinate care and requests for assistance from other campus constituents, and perform a substantial amount of data processing/information management/report generation. The position manages the ongoing office functioning at the Counseling Center, including reception, clinical triage, ordering of supplies, scanning of clinical records, and tracking of medication refill requests and concerns. Finally, this position includes working with clinical staff on special projects related to outreach and events, website management, creation of publicity materials, research activities, etc.
This position is 35 hrs/week for 10 months of the year, and 30 hrs/week for two months during the summer. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Associate’s degree or equivalent course work or experience required. Bachelor’s degree in administration or business or medical technology preferred.
3-5 years of experience in an office coordinator role required. Experience in managing all facets of a busy outpatient clinic preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the above average capacity to de-escalate crisis situations and be of help to distressed individuals.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Health office management skills, esp. regarding patient charting and coordination of care.
- Familiarity with vocabulary/terminology related to mental health care.
- Capacity to work well with a diverse range of individuals.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Capacity to exercise individual decision-making and to consult and work closely with a team.
- Excellent computer skills, including accurate and timely data entry skills, in two separate data base/records systems.
- Capacity to learn and grow within a key position with considerable pressure for services.
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Pay Range: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Internal candidates may fall outside of this range and should contact Nancy Bruno with any individual pay rate questions.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at Skidmore College and protect all members of the College community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.