Cardiac Electrophysiologist - Assistant or Associate ProfessorLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Jul 29, 2021Description:
Section of Cardiology
Clinical Non-Tenure Track Full Time
Tulane University School of Medicine’s Deming Department of Medicine - Section of Cardiology is seeking a qualified electrophysiologist to join the faculty group at the Assistant or Associate Professor of Medicine level (non-tenure or tenure track). This position will be responsible for patient care at three hospital and multiple clinic sites in the Greater New Orleans Area utilizing state-of-the art facilities, with strong mid-level support. Additional responsibilities include the education of cardiology fellows and expansion of research activities.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Electrophysiology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, University Medical Center New Orleans, VA Medical Center New Orleans, and outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and at outreach sites as assigned.
- Active in the development of the electrophysiology program at the above listed hospitals
- Some after hours and weekend electrophysiology consult coverage
Teaching responsibilities include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, cardiology fellows and medical students.
Research responsibilities will include
- Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
- M.D. who has successfully completed a Cardiovascular Disease fellowship program and a two-year Electrophysiology fellowship program
- Electrophysiology Board Eligible or Board Certified
Please use the "APPLY NOW" link below to apply for this position.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow.
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.