Cardiac Electrophysiologist - Assistant or Associate ProfessorLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Jul 28, 2021Description:
Section of Cardiology
Clinical Non-Tenure Track Full Time
Tulane University School of Medicine’s Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking a qualified electrophysiologist to join the faculty group at the Assistant or Associate Professor of Medicine level (non-tenure or tenure track). This position will be responsible for patient care at three hospital and multiple clinic sites in the Greater New Orleans Area utilizing state-of-the art facilities, with strong mid-level support. Additional responsibilities include the education of cardiology fellows and expansion of research activities.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Electrophysiology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, University Medical Center New Orleans, VA Medical Center New Orleans, and outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and at outreach sites as assigned.
- Active in the development of the electrophysiology program at the above listed hospitals
- Some after hours and weekend electrophysiology consult coverage
Teaching responsibilities include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, cardiology fellows and medical students.
Research responsibilities will include
- Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
- M.D. who has successfully completed a Cardiovascular Disease fellowship program and a two-year Electrophysiology fellowship program
- Electrophysiology Board Eligible or Board Certified
Please use the "APPLY NOW" link below to apply for this position.