Medical Research TechnicianTNPRC - Immunology
Location: Covington, LA
The employee will work as a Medical Research Technician in the Division of Immunology, Tulane National Primate Research Center. The employee will be responsible for performing experiments in Biosafety level 2 laboratories. The employee will be trained in Biosafety protocols by the Principal Investigator as well as by the Institutional Department of Biosafety. Necessary experiments include those involving cellular immunology and microbiology, in adherence with the Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) in place. The candidate should be able to work independently under minimal supervision under biosafety level 2+ conditions. The candidate will also be in overall charge of the laboratory including ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and general laboratory maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS)
- 0-1 Laboratory experience required
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS) in any one of the following streams of sciences: microbiology, immunology, cell-biology, genetics, molecular biology, infectious disease, biological or general science.
- Two years of work experience with cellular immunology techniques such as ELISPOT assays, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA and flow cytometry assays and with molecular biology techniques including DNA and RNA extraction, and real time PCR.
- Knowledge of BSL2 and BSL3 bio-containment principles, both for animal and laboratory space is required.
- Familiarity with basic computational tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.