Temporary Assistant Athletic TrainerPosition Number :
ET0026Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
ATH Athletic TrainingDepartment Homepage :
www.ecupirates.comAdvertising Department :
ATHLETIC TRAININGDivision :
AthleticsWorking Title :
Temporary Assistant Athletic TrainerNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeSalary Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Non-FacultyJob Category :
Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchPrimary Function of Organizational Unit :
The Medical Services unit of the Department of Athletics oversees and coordinates the health and well-being of all student-athletes at East Carolina University. Job Duties :
The Athletics Department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.
This is a temporary 1.0 FTE EHRA non-faculty hourly, 10-month position. Minimum Education/Experience :
Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director for Medical Services, the Temporary Assistant Athletic Trainer will:
1. Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Medical Services, team physician, and associated medical practitioners in prevention, immediate care, and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by East Carolina University student-athletes
2. Carry out policies and procedures of the athletic training facilities and ECU Department of Athletics
3. Direct and provide athletic training coverage and supervision of intercollegiate athletic teams during practices, games, and strength and conditioning sessions as assigned
4. Coordinate physical exams and pre-participation paperwork for student-athletes through the team physician or designee
5. Perform selected portions of the physical exam under the direction and supervision of the team physician
6. Apply specific and appropriate taping, bracing, and other protective/supportive devices in order to prevent injury or re-injury
7. Monitor environmental conditions of playing and practice areas in order to make recommendations regarding the safety of the student-athlete, following accepted and recommended guidelines
8. Refer the student-athlete to medical personnel (i.e. physicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, and other allied health professionals) in order to ensure appropriate medical evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation by implementing standard verbal and/or written orders
9. Maintain appropriate medical records
10. Provide education and counseling in health related matters to the student-athletes and coaches
11. Direct the student-athletes and coaches to professionals in order that the student-athlete may receive consultation for social and/or personal programs on specific topics, and by personal consultation
12. Provide clinical supervision of athletic training students/student-aid workers
13. Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
14. Adhere to regulations of the North Carolina Athletic Trainer Practice Act
15. Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director for Medical Services
16. Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
17. Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
Certified Athletic Trainer as designated by the Board of Certification
Licensed Athletic Trainer by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Training Examiners or eligible
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
Special Instructions to Applicant :
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Athletic Training or related field preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
08/04/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Not ApplicableQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.