Assistant Director, Advancement PromotionLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Aug 2, 2021Description:
The Assistant Director of Advancement Promotion is responsible for developing, planning, executing, and evaluating promotion strategies that will foster strong long-term relationships with alumni, parents, students, and friends of Hamilton College and drive engagement. In this project manager role, the Assistant Director of Advancement Promotion will collaborate with a variety of groups within Advancement, primarily but not limited to Donor Relations.
- Strategizes, plans, and executes primary deliverables for top donors with support from colleagues, including but not limited to acknowledgements, individualized stewardship reports, stewardship events, and personalized videos/content.
- Strategizes, plans, and executes primary deliverables with support from colleagues for engaging students who are scholarship recipients.
- As part of the strategic planning process, develops and maintains yearly, monthly, and weekly program specific promotion/event plans related to the stewardship of major/principal donors and the engagement of scholarship students.
- Acts as a liaison and facilitates communication between Donor Relations and Advancement Promotion and Events teams.
- Manages and coordinates all Donor Relations projects that require promotion assets and event logistics.
- Uses various promotion tools such as email (e.g. Marketo), text, and video to execute promotion strategies.
- Coordinates and manages hard copy mailings (e.g. individualized stewardship reports).
- Assists in analyzing effectiveness of tactics (e.g. reporting on metrics).
- Communicates status of promotion and events efforts through reports to applicable stakeholders and by attending standing meetings.
- Identifies opportunities to steward donors and engage scholarship students through all touchpoints originating from Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Demonstrated success in project management, stewardship, promotions, marketing, communications, and event planning or relevant fields.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to manage a high volume of projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must think creatively and act strategically.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Desire to work collaboratively and build productive relationships with colleagues and constituents
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.