Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Department Information The Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine is charged with conducting high-impact original biomedical research and translating the findings to clinical applications, and in educating future physicians and researchers. Our research addresses fundamental questions in neuroscience, cell and developmental biology, endocrinology, and regenerative medicine. Collaborations have been established with clinical departments for studies that investigate various diseases including neurological diseases (stroke, epilepsy, muscular dystrophy, and Guillain-Barre syndrome); psychiatric disorders (schizophrenia and autism); degenerative diseases (osteoporosis); cancer; and endocrinological disorders.Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesPreferred Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree in life sciences is preferred and be self-motivated for high-quality research. Background in neuroscience, physiology, molecular and cellular biology, mouse behavioral analysis and sufficient experience in brain and molecular imaging is ideal.Responsibilities This position will investigate the cellular and molecular mechanisms and neural circuits underlying mood and metabolic disorders. A training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Perform a variety of experimental studies including animal behavior, cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to performing animal surgery, microinjection, behavioral testing, genotyping, western blot, real-time PCR, immunohistochemistry and various microscopy and imaging techniques. Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Salary: $36,197/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.