: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Springfield, MAPosted:
: Aug 3, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: PT No BenefitsRef. No.:
: 2862Position ID:
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Teach assigned content didactically in BSN program.
- Participate in course content planning and evaluation.
- Work effectively with faculty, students, administrators.
- Conference with Course Nursing Faculty regarding student issues/problems/progress relative to taught content.
- Adhere to academic policies, standards, and accreditation requirements.
- Attend departmental meetings as appropriate.
- Direct student learning experiences within the classroom (remote or face-to-face).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): MSN with expertise in specialty area.
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in Nursing or related field.
- Required Field of Expertise: Licensed registered nurse with expertise in specialty area.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Teaching experience in a baccalaureate nursing program.
- Required Training/Cert: 3-5 years of experience practicing as an registered nurse with desired specialty.
- Required Licensure(s): Registered Nurse in State of Massachusetts.
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff within a diverse environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship.
This is a part time, non-benefitted position with hours flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete policy by clicking here.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.