Human Resources Management SHRM CP/SHRM SCP Certificate Instructor
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in all knowledge domains and behavioral competencies of human resources to prepare students for the SHRM-CP™ or SHRM-SCP™ credential. Responsibilities
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Recall three core HR knowledge domains and the five corresponding functional areas for each domain
- Recognize laws, protocols, and behavioral competencies to produce positive results in conflict resolution
- Use technology and data to support HR strategy and implementation
- Evaluate business decisions using internal and external environmental scanning
- Identify potential risk areas to prevent litigation, claims, and suits
- Recall interdependence of organizational and HR strategic goals
- Develop strategic goals by using business analysis and business cases
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management systemDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scoresRequired Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of Human Resource ManagementMINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current credential in SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Preferred Qualifications
Prior teaching experience preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=229147&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency