Prep Cook, Stingers (Multiple Positions)
About Us Find your wings at KSU! Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion
Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Assists with all aspects of food preparation as part of the culinary team. Assists with gathering food items, reading recipes, and preparing food items. Works in front or back of house operations. Responsibilities
1. Cleans and preps fresh produce and properly cooks raw ingredients following proper food handling and safety guidelines
2. Preps, gathers, weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for recipes
3. Reads and follows recipes
4. Prepares food items per guidelines
5. Arranges workstations with needed ingredients and cooking equipment
6. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for food preparation
7. Completes food temperature checks before service
8. Maintains daily production records
9. Stores food properly and safely, marking date and item
10. Serves as a lead in absence of lead role at direction of leadershipRequired Qualifications Educational Requirements
High school diploma or equivalentOther Required Qualifications
ServSafe certified or obtains certification within twelve (12) months of hireRequired Experience
One (1) year related experience working in an institutional food service setting, restaurant or large-scale production kitchen Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
Previous food preparation experience Proposed Salary
Pay Grade: Non-Exempt 10 Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Able to maintain appropriate appearance
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Able to work with diverse population and take direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Intermediate knife skills
- Courteous and dependable
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=227049&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency