Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Instructor
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Medical Billing and Coding. Responsibilities
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
a. Explain or recall key medical roots, suffixes and prefixes and explain and interpret ICD-10-CM/PCS coding conventions to assign codes accurately
b. Interpret inpatient diagnosis and procedure coding and reporting guidelines and explain differences among acute care inpatient settings, outpatient, and physician office health care settings
c. Assign HCPCS level II procedure and services codes for outpatient care
d. Interpret CPT guidelines, coding notes, and modifiers to assign codes accurately for all sections and subsections
e. Identify examples of third-party payers and define each health care reimbursement
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management system Required Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years as a Certified Professional Coder
Teaching experience preferredMINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Certified Professional Coder - Instructor distinction through AAPC Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Expert knowledge in medical billing & coding, office procedures, & medical terminology
- Must be comfortable with teaching in classroom and on a distance learning platform
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221123&PostingSeq=1
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency