TRAINING MANAGER,FIN Sponsored Programs Tracking Code0436 Job Description
The Training Manager is a key member of the Sponsored Programs team at Boston University overseeing both pre and post award functions. This individual is responsible for the development, implementation and management of training guidance and processes which ensure compliance with accounting principles, sponsor requirements, state and federal guidelines and University policies.
Major duties of this position include:
- Execute and manage projects to improve processes that enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and distribute training guidance as it relates to Sponsored Research.
- Train central staff along with Department and Faculty as required.
- Provide support during ad-hoc projects. Generate statistical dashboards as required for senior management.
- Assist with management and maintaining of Sponsored Research webpages.
- In conjunction with Management, conduct of biennial review of policies and procedures which includes a detailed review of policies to ensure compliance with changing federal regulations and Uniform Guidance.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Intermediate skills utilizing Excel, including complex formulas in order to acquire, organize, and analyze data
- Intermediate/Advance skills utilizing Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other similar presentation/training platforms.
- Experienced in analyzing data to determine relevant conclusions and suggest appropriate actions to management
- Proven track record to multi-task and prioritize routine tasks and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work output
- Ability to work optimally and collaboratively in a small, collegial team environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, intellectually curious
Boston University's generous benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, and paid time off. Full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission for courses at Boston University. Note: the remission benefit extends to dependents as well. For more details on benefits, please refer to the Boston University benefits page at https://www.bu.edu/hr/employee-resources/benefits/
Boston University values intellectual, cultural, and social diversity among its staff and students. We remain steadfast in our dedication to building a team that is inclusive and equitable and a place where all constituents can thrive.
For all positions, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative environment and who are flexible and creative. We strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups who share our interest in serving a university community with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities.
Interested applicants are asked to upload a resume, list of references (if available), and submit a cover letter addressed to 'Hiring Manager Training Manager #0436.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and bend to lift items. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products, catering and supplies, up to 20 pounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular