Al-Quds Bard, PalestinePart-time Faculty, Natural Sciences DivisionEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/91610
Entering its thirteenth year of operation in Fall 2021, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program offering a liberal arts undergraduate education and Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program in Palestine, with an enrollment of 310 students in 2020-2021. AQB is a rigorous program, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which often takes the form of a demanding research paper of 45 papers or more. Graduates of AQB receive dual degrees: A BA or MAT from Al-Quds University and from Bard College (New York).
AQB invItes applications for part-time faculty across all programs and divisions of the College including: Literature & Society, Media Studies, Political Science, Human Rights & International Law, Economics & Finance, Urban Studies & Spatial Practices, Biology, Molecular Genetics, Computer Science and the Core Division.
We seek faculty whose teaching methods are student-centered, involving students in active discussion and group tasks to develop their reading, writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills in English. Candidates should be truly interdisciplinary--someone who will creatively and intellectually challenge the standard tropes of academic research. Qualifications
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or Biotechnology from a university of recognized standing.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience at the university or college level.
- Experience in genetics, bioinformatics and molecular biology methods
- A minimum of 5 years research experience is preferred, and have demonstrated scholarly achievement with a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Must have the ability to obtain extramural funding.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of AQB to provide student-centered teaching, foster critical thinking, and incorporate writing into most courses.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills, fluent English, and ability to communicate in Arabic a plus.
Please submit the information below on Interfolio by following this link: https://apply.interfolio.com/91610
Submit a CV; a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position, evidence of teaching effectiveness, student evaluations and Syllabi, and three letters of reference through Interfolio.com. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.