Description of Position*In-person candidates are preferred. Flexible (remote) options including full-time will also be considered*
**First Review August 17, 2021**
Yavapai College is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join the Information Technology Services department. The incumbent would work as a team member supporting the College's Ellucian Banner ERP software through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. In addition, the position would participate in or lead other application/development projects. The college currently utilizes the Banner 9.X suite of applications (Student, Finance, HR, Financial Aid) as well as Salesforce. In addition, we support a diverse environment of applications, platforms, and database technologies which include: Oracle Database, Oracle APEX, MS SQL Server, Cognos, in-house developed applications, and many others. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Application Design, Development, and Testing - Consult with users to define application requirements, identify programming and output needs, and verify preliminary design and output. Recommend technical and procedural design for new or revised applications including flow charts, system specifications, programming guidelines, and code review. Review, modify and/or write program code as needed.
- Assist other employees in resolving certain technical problems. Confer with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters. Provide advanced technical support for the customer.
- Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or make appropriate referrals.
- Write documentation of system procedures and guidelines for application users, as well as programs and program modifications.
- Participate in training and professional development sessions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
- Minimum two years of programming/analysis experience and/or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and procedural language (e.g., PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational database management systems (Oracle and/or MS-SQL Server)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attitude and willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to: analyze, interpret and prepare programs to meet users' needs and specifications; read and interpret technical manuals and documentation; communicate effectively orally and in writing; establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a field closely related to computer science
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with Linux operating system.
- Technical and functional knowledge and experience with Ellucian's ERP software (Banner)
- Experience with Oracle APEX (Application Express) Development
- Salesforce Developer and/or Salesforce Administrator experience
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Experience with Automic Enterprise Job Scheduler.
- Experience with source code control and versioning systems
- Database Administration experience (Oracle or MS SQL)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.