This position is accountable to the Student Development Coordinator.
This position plans and coordinates Student Life and Development event logistics including publicity. He/she will provide administrative support ensuring the Student Life and Development office functions efficiently. Additionally this position coordinates Timberwolf Table logistics and functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as office administrator, organizing front office operations in Student Life and Development.
- Prioritize office projects and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of Student Life and Development.
- Collaborate with Student Development Coordinator in the planning and implementation of events to create engagement within the Timberwolf Community.
- Provide coordination for Student Life and Development/ Career Services events to include scheduling, logistical, financial, and physical arrangements of activities, events, and field trips.
- Coordinate promotion of Student Life and Development/ Career Services events, including the creation and distribution of promotional materials across multiple platforms.
- Assist with day-of event support of Student Life and Development/ Career Services events and activities.
- Assist in the planning of intramural athletic program with College partners and oversee the intramural events.
- Track event attendance and student/club participation.
- Receive and process club paperwork, including:
- Funding requests
- Club Activity Forms
- Club activity scheduling in School Dude
- Co-advise the Club Funding Committee and Wolfpack.
- Prepare Payment Authorization and Journal Transfer Forms for Student Life and Development and club activities.
- Assist with the planning and day-of service for Graduation.
- Monitor Timberwolf Table supply and coordinate with Director of Student Development to order as needed.
- Coordinate distribution of Timberwolf Table bags to regional campuses and tracking of regional use.
- Organize student ID production and distribution process.
- Monitor and update Student Life and Development website, social media and email accounts.
- Perform related departmental duties as requested.
- Due to the nature of this position, some night and weekend work is required.
- Associate Degree in related field required. 3 years’ experience in event planning and/or recreational program management preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel. Experience using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred.
- High degree of organizational skills and creativity, independent judgment and enthusiasm for students.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with students, staff, agencies and the general public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills in communications and human relations with diverse populations of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to function as a team member.
6-8 hours: grasping, performing repetitive movements
4-5 hours: sitting, working indoors
1-3 hours: bending, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, twisting, walking
Less than one hour: balancing, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 10-15 repetitions per hour.
10-20 pounds: 1-10 repetitions per hour.
20-50 pounds: less than one repetition per hour.
50-100 pounds: less than one repetition per hour.
More than 100 pounds with help: less than one repetition per hour.
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety and Training:
Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Procedures, Ergonomics (Office/Workplace), Slips, Trips and Falls.