Job no: 494101
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Health & Recreation
Butler University seeks a Director of Health Services. This position is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Health Services and provides critical support to student health and wellbeing. Butler is firmly committed to providing robust services that are the foundation of the student experience. Through the lens of BUBeWell, Butler's nationally recognized framework for holistic wellbeing the Director of Health Services plays a critical role by leading Health Services in addition to collaborating with university administration, Student Affairs colleagues, the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Athletics, and other key campus and community health partners. This position provides strategic oversight for Health Services and manages the daily operations, including supervision of the clinical and administrative staff.
- Assign and supervise all work of the office; responsible for hiring, performance and envelopments of staff
- Provide oversight for the quality assurance of Health Services that meets the needs of Butler's student population
- Collaborate with key university stakeholders to provide leadership and strategic input regarding the health and wellbeing of Butler students
- Oversee electronic medical system utilization, billing, and student accounts process, and operating budget management to assure compliance with all federal guidelines, including HIPAA.
- Contribute to the university's strategic goal of creating an intentionally diverse inclusive, and equitable learning and working environment through high-quality accessible, equitable, culturally-competent medical care.
- Implement a robust assessment strategy for continuous improvement and for measuring the impact of all Health Services programs and services.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years medical practice experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Registered Nurse (RN), Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Practice Manager or other related practice experience required
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experienced quality management and risk mitigation skills
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: August 26, 2021
Applications close: October 28, 2021