Job location: Remote Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006452 Job Description:
Working under the general direction of the Director of University Relations, the Associate Director of Institutional Giving is responsible for developing and implementing programs and strategies to effectively cultivate and solicit individual donors with the potential to become major donors of unrestricted, restricted, and planned gifts. Working with colleagues throughout the institution, the candidate will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors and prospects, supporting Saybrook's spectrum of annual, programmatic, capital, and giving opportunities. The Associate Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for directing the school's fundraising program; this includes providing strategic oversight of annual, planned, major, leading foundation outreach, managing alumni giving initiatives, and other giving campaigns.
Minimum qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Candidate must have a proven track record of raising funds from individuals and foundations. Minimum of 3 years of development experience with an emphasis on individual giving.
- Prior experience with major gifts, foundations, including a strong background in the cultivation and solicitation of gifts to nonprofit organizations or similar equivalent experience.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success with strategic policy and budget planning experience.
- Excellent understanding of principles and techniques of development activities, including annual giving, major giving, planned giving, event planning, marketing and communications, and grant procurement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner productively with a variety of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospects. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, utilizes tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, and the ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency with fundraising database applications (Raiser's Edge), MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and other applications for communications pieces.
- Experience integrating diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives into fundraising plans.
- Skilled with relationship building and coordination of special events.
- Highly motivated and disciplined.
- Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Periodic travel for solicitation and event management required.
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience (Required)
- At least 2 years of experience in institutional giving or similar (Required)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday - Friday, and usually from 9 am - 5:30 pm (Pacific Time); shift adjustments may be needed to accommodate projects and staff in other time zones.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A nonprofit, regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursuing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.