Paralegal Family Law Instructor
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Family Law. Responsibilities
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Recognize grounds for divorce and evidence required for each
- Identify history of marriage and divorce in Georgia and how corresponding laws have changed over time
- Summarize requirements of custody, parenting time, alimony, division of property, and child support
- Explain requirements to adopt in Georgia
- Describe which courts impact domestic relations law
- Discuss equitable division of assets and liabilities, alimony, attorney's fees, court costs, and expenses of litigation
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management systemDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scoresRequired Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Law Degree, either J. D. or LL. B. from an accredited institution of higher educationMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ten (10) years of experience working in the legal field
Experience as a paralegal a plusMINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position
Experience with American Bar Association (ABA) accredited programs desired Preferred Qualifications
Prior teaching experience preferred
Experience with curriculum development a plus Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Expert in the principles of family law
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=229058&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency