Part-Time Noncredit Workforce Preparation Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor in the School of Continuing Education at West Valley College. The School of Continuing Education is looking for qualified instructors with the education and experience to teach courses in workforce preparation. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Salary and Benefits:
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA;
- Campbell Community Center, Campbell, CA;
- Campbell Adult Community Education, San Jose, CA;
- Other sites serving noncredit students in Santa Clara County
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $27,790-$39,006 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
(1) Education & Experience - possess any one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree; AND two years of relevant occupational experience; OR
- Associate degree; AND six years of relevant occupational experience; OR
- Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in workforce preparation.
(2) Understanding and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency