Building Maintenance Manager
Facilities Management APPOINTMENT:
Administrative, Full-time, Twelve (12) months STARTING SALARY:
Commensurate with education and experience INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) Year AVAILABLE:
Immediately POSTING DATE:
July 30, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filledDESCRIPTION:
Under minimal supervision, plans, directs, and reviews the operations and activities of the building maintenance technicians, painters, and warehouse coordinator. The Building Maintenance team is considered first responders and is responsible for maintaining all University properties. The Building Maintenance Manager will also support the operation of the Central Utility Plant. The Building Maintenance Manager will establish goals, priorities, schedules, timeframes, and assess performance against these measures. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises all staff and projects assigned to the Building Maintenance Department.
- Works with the Director of Operations to strategize and prioritize short and long-term campus repairs and improvements.
- Assists in recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of the building maintenance staff.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluation processes, ensuring consistent use of all applicable policies and procedures.
- Counsels, disciplines, and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
- Manages operational expenditures within prescribed budget.
- Assist the Director of Operations with the coordination and management of capital improvement projects.
- Understands and ensures compliance with all current University policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Identifies, develops, approves, and assigns all facility maintenance and repair and could involve coordination with faculty, administrators, and staff and students
- Oversees the warehouse operations and purchasing function to ensure responsible use of University resources
- Analyzes trends in building component failures and develops long-term strategies for replacement and repair.
- Works closely with Event Services and Residential Life to ensure smooth operations
- Prepares annual reports of suggested building improvements to develop budgets for capital improvements.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure rapid response to customer building maintenance issues.
- Prepares detailed productivity reports using work order system
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
: A Bachelor's degree is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of direct and/or related work experience is required. A valid driver's license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed. This position requires physical activity, endurance, and agility to perform the required duties in a safe and productive manner. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills in writing, speaking, and listening; attention to detail and independent judgment. Must possess the ability to manage multiple complex tasks at a time and meet deadlines; have basic knowledge of University programs and offices. The successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter is required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d608081b-40ff-4cd0-972b-2d28d6459e5e
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency