COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Job no: 499028
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
Job Title:Associate Director of Development, Chicago/Midwest Hours Per Week:
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is seeking a self-starting, driven team member who is passionate about making an impact on the lives and experiences of Miami students through the power of philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati, a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, and a tremendously loyal alumni base, there is a significant opportunity to increase support from alumni, friends, and partners as Miami embarks on the most ambitious campaign in University history.
The Associate Director of Regional Development, Chicago/Midwest will advance the mission of Miami University by developing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. As a member of the Regional Development Team, which boasts a 15+ year tradition within the Office of Development, the Associate Director will be responsible for securing funding for all areas of University life. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, Regional Programs, we are seeking a candidate that resides in the Chicago area and will work remotely, with travel required within the Midwest, and periodic travel to Oxford, Ohio for meetings and other activities.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
• Research, identify, and assess prospective donors through securing meetings with alumni and friends in the greater Chicago and broader Midwest market;
• Actively develop a pipeline, and manage a portfolio, of prospective major gift donors;
• Manage a pool of ~75 prospects, including alumni and friends. Develop and implement strategies leading to the active cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these prospects;
• Prepare and present major gift proposals to alumni and friends, with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators, and deans, including proposals for gifts involving tax planning, real estate, personal property, securities, wills, trusts, annuities, and insurance;
• Solicit and close major gifts and commitments in accordance with annual performance metrics;
• Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events;
• Recruit volunteers for events, programs, and campaigns held in the region, while also personally staffing regional events as directed;
• Continually remain educated on funding priorities across the entire University landscape
• Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Director of Regional Programs and the Assistant Vice President for Regional Programs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of fundraising or comparable work experience (volunteer work may be counted towards this requirement)
• Direct fundraising experience
• Experience working in an educational setting
• Experience working with a donor database system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout Chicago and the Midwest
• Ability and willingness to reside in or near Chicago, with ability to fully complete job responsibilities remotely from residence
• Tenacity in pursuit of securing meetings with prospective donors and steadfast focus on developing major gift pipeline and portfolio
• Commitment to a collaborative approach to fundraising
• Excellent speaking, writing, and organizational skills
• Ability to work with little day to day supervision
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 02 Aug 2021 Eastern Daylight Time