COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Job no: 499017
Department: Business & Infrastructure Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Information Technology
Status: Full Time
Job Title:Support Analyst IIISalary/Grade:
Hours Per Week:
Under minimal direction, provide support to clients for relevant hardware and software. Function as a support resource and assist other support staff, providing ongoing guidance to the clients and support team. Troubleshoot, solve complex technical issues and recommend service improvements. related to the designated environment. Document solutions and work to provide excellent service and initiatives. This includes ensuring the team is working effectively, that all members are accountable to the team, mentoring staff at subordinate levels, and optimizing departmental effectiveness.
Note: These positions will provide support for a variety of technology-enabled spaces at Miami University. We are looking for candidates with computer support skills but specifically, audiovisual support skills.
Provide Tier III technical support to clients remotely or in the field by identifying, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving requests. Work on complex issues proactively identify potential areas that may cause future problems. Recommend and assess impact of customer service improvements.
• Troubleshoot II and III technology issues including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
• Emergency "on-call" rotation
• Escalate complex problems that cannot be resolved within the TSS team, and work with other non TSS Tier II & Tier III staff in the organization to assure resolution. Train subordinate staff on balancing excellent customer service with efficient operations.
• Assist with managing workload of student staff to provide the adequate level of support to meet the desired service level agreement.
• Document solutions and work to provide excellent service and initiatives in the Knowledge Center Support Repository.
• Organize and develop training, consulting, resources, support, and troubleshooting for clients, to include network software, application software, workgroup utilities and audio-visual equipment.
• Actively seek and build positive relationships and serve as a liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
• Provide and/or share technical knowledge with other support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system. Identify major incidents, outages and security incidents when they are happening. Develop and document resolutions or workarounds for incidents that lack documentation resolution.
• Mentor others in evaluation of new computer hardware, software and audio-visual equipment for use at the University, leading teams and synthesizing recommendations.
• Mentor staff, in actively promoting a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
• Mentor staff on how to exhibit strong customer service skills including the ability to constructively, diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handle customer complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
• Participate in cross-functional projects. Identify roadblocks and report them to the team leadership.
• Mentor staff on how to identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
• Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences including end users and clients.
• Learn quickly and independently; seek opportunities to extend and deepen learning and effectively integrates new information and skills to enhance personal performance.
• Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalates more significant decision point appropriately.
• Accurately restate the opinions and needs of others; demonstrate patience and active listening.
• Apply principles and processes of service levels to work; identify/highlight service problems; seek to improve quality of service levels.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Require Associates degree earned by date of hire and 4+ years of relevant experience. OR require 7 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, earned by date of hire.
• 4-7 years of knowledge & experience with Windows desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
• 4-7years of knowledge & experience with Macintosh desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Mac OS 10.9.x (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.11.x (EI Capitan) and Microsoft Office
• 4-7 Experience with Google products such as Google Doc, Google Mail, Google Drive
• 4-7 Experience supporting networked printers.
• 4-7 Knowledge of the operation of computer-based and integrated audiovisual learning environments
• 3-5 Knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control Systems.
• 3-5 Knowledge of Installation and mounting of AV equipment such as projectors, Flat panel televisions, brackets, etc.
• 3-5 Experience testing and troubleshooting cabling and audio-visual equipment.
• Poses general knowledge of construction & the AV industry.
• 4-7 years of experience with wired and wireless networks, IP Addresses, and DHCP
• One or more of the following preferred not required:
ITIL Foundation Certification
CTS - Certified Technology Specialist
Certified Crestron or AMX programming language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating technical information in terms understandable to the end user.
• Excellent customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
• 4-7 years managing Windows using Group Policy, Imaging and other tools.
• Workload management skills; able to delegate student staff to manage workload needs.
• Basic people management skills; able to establish and maintain team relationships, develop programs to improve professional development, empower teams, respond to personal and professional needs and plan user training.
• Basic problem management skills; able to resolve problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 30 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time