Requisition Number:31043Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:05-Aug-2021Date Posted:02-Aug-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages applications for a Director of Player Development for the Men's Basketball
program. Under the general direction of the Head Men Basketball Coach, this position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the overseeing of recruitment of student athletes, game scheduling and the mentoring of student athletes. The Colorado Men's Basketball program competes in the Pac-12 Conference in a nationally recognized Division I program, that supports student athletes not only in their athletic goals but also in their academic pursuits.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAs one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeMentoring Student-athletes:
Recruiting Student Athletes:
- Monitor pre-season conditioning and training of team members.
- Academic Liaison. Track academic progress of student-athletes.
- Serve as a mentor to student-athletes in athletic, academic, personal, and disciplinary affairs.
- Coordinate compliance of coaching staff.
- Identify prospective student athletes.
- Actively recruit prospective student athletes within NCAA and Pac-12 guidelines.
- Engage with recruiting contacts nationally and internationally to build a pipeline for prospective student athlete interest.
- Utilize social media, written correspondence and telephone correspondence to aggressively pursue potential prospects for men's basketball.
- Detailed preparation for all home and campus visits.
- Work with Head Coach on preparing a non-conference game schedule with close regard to RPI, facility availability, December exam schedule and appeal to season ticket holders.
- Liaison with Strength and Conditioning.
- Responsible for attendance at all compliance meetings.
- Representation at all external team functions.
- Build positive relationships within the Athletic Department, on campus, and in the Boulder community.
What You Should Know
- The work schedule includes extended work hours Sunday through Saturday, Weekends and Holidays. The ability to travel is required.
What We Can Offer
- The salary rate is $75,000 annually.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines. Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy. Supplemental camp pay: per Athletic Department Summer Camp Policy.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Accomplished. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years basketball coaching, recruiting, operations or playing experience at collegiate level. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to pass NCAA recruiting test.
What You Will Need
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Analytic skills, computer and video system literacy and expertise.
- Technical basketball knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively manage operations in an athletic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations with coaches, student athletes, other programs and community.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of operational experience at the Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Experience with Teamworks.
- Experience w XOs software.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 5, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]