Coordinator, Multicultural Student Services Center ProgramsPosition Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
7Pay Grade Range:
$41,913 - $62,213Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Multicultural Student Services Center (MSSC)Contact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by July 30, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by August 13, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (August 13, 2021) may not be given full consideration.Duties and Responsibilities:
Support in the creation of culturally relevant student-focused programming to ensure that students feel welcomed, safe, supported, and valued. Aid students in connecting with appropriate University resources. Handle logistical details involved with the Multicultural Student Services Center (MSSC) events: book rooms on campus, order food/supplies, support with AV, etc. Run MSSC listserv. Attend MSSC events and participate in programming. Encourage students to participate in life on campus and to take advantage of university opportunities. Promote the involvement of diverse students in the utilization of the MSSC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist with the development of diversity programs for the entire community.
Assist with developing branding, marketing, and communication for MSSC through the center’s website, listserv, social media accounts, and print publications.
In collaboration with direct supervisor, develop relationships with various constituencies on campus.
Supervise undergraduate students assigned to MSSC.
Work closely with student organizations, academic departments, and various Student Affairs units such as the Gender and Sexuality Center, Women’s Center, etc. to develop programs, workshops, and leadership development opportunities for students from marginalized/underrepresented backgrounds.
Form strong advising, mentoring, and working relationships with students from diverse backgrounds.
Be responsible for the operational aspects of the MSSC, including scheduling of the facility, student staff work schedules, and facility maintenance (by communicating with URI facilities staff).
Provide support and build trusting relationships with students in order to advocate and help navigate and negotiate the campus environment.
Attend student group meetings and MSSC events.
Support and participate in MSSC event activities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers; spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software; Social media.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Demonstrated experience working with historically underrepresented students.
3. Demonstrated experience in program development that enhances the student experience for students of color and other historically underserved and underrepresented populations.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated experience in relationship building and partnership development.
7. Demonstrated experience in computer and social media skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Master’s degree in student development, student personnel, higher education administration, gender and sexuality studies, ethnic studies, or a related field.
2. Demonstrated experience advising diverse student organizations.
3. Demonstrated evidence of website and listserv management skills.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
07/02/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).