Department Administrator I....Insurance/Risk Management
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Department Administrator will assist the AVP of Enterprise Risk Services with policies, training, procedures and communications while ensuring the continuous operation of the entire Department. This position will collaborate across Tulane University to ensure core objectives of the Department are effectively accomplished. Additionally, this role will coordinate the training efforts for the Enterprise Risk Services Department. The Department Administrator also provides primary support with processing requisitions, managing budgets, scheduling meetings and disseminating intra-departmental communications. On occasional, this role will provide secondary support for administrative tasks such as scheduling, coordination, record keeping, and other office support duties when required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, risk management or related field.
- 3 years’ directly-related professional work experience in risk management, compliance or business administration.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver’s license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in risk management, business administration or related field
- 5 years’ work experience in risk management
- Three years’ work experience in a university setting
- Experience in conducting training programs
- Experience in recordkeeping and office management
- Exemplary record of teamwork and leadership
- Experience in data management