The CompanyAt Unity, sustainability isn’t a buzzword. It’s the foundation of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to Arizona to Brazil.Engage with Unity College and you’ll start to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen. The Position
The Assistant Registrar for Hybrid Learning performs professional duties that assist the Registrar in daily office operations, primarily to support Hybrid Learning Sustainable Educational Business Unity (SEBU) student services. This position leads office activity, helps to prioritize tasks, anticipates priorities, and collects data used to assess success as well as managing the student service component of the office, creating an atmosphere of prompt, accurate, and friendly assistance to students and staff, both online and in-person. The Assistant Registrar for Hybrid Learning is responsible for managing academic records, coordinating graduating students, supervising grading processes and communications, review of transfer credits, class schedule support, student registration, veteran education benefit management, and troubleshooting.
- At the direction of the Registrar, assist in development of Hybrid course schedule; periodically review, assess and offer recommendations for improvements and publishes course schedules electronically. Similar tasks may also be performed for other SEBUs as determined and assigned by the Registrar.
- Assist the Registrar with the assignment of classrooms for academic purposes in accordance with policy.
- Oversee the course registration process, including communications with SEBU about registration, and trouble-shoot issues.
- Oversee the maintenance and integrity of confidential academic records; provide interpretation and enforcement of academic policies, assure institutional compliance with FERPA and generate verification of enrollment.
- Prepare official reports for enrollment and related statistics for distribution by the Registrar. At the direction of the Registrar, contribute to regular reporting (i.e. IPEDS and Clearinghouse data).
- Evaluate all transfer coursework for students from other institutions. Notify students and other administrative offices of results of evaluations. In collaboration with Admissions, review new articulation agreements for high schools and community colleges.
- Assist recruiters and coaches to understand transfer credit evaluations and attend admissions events as needed.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of information to faculty/instructors and students about start of term processes, add/drop, registration, and final grade submission.
- In consultation with the Registrar, oversee grade submission process; periodically review and recommend improvements to process.
- Implement college policies and procedures; periodically review and offer recommendations for improvements to policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary School Certifying Officer for Hybrid Learning Veterans’ Affairs (VA) students
- Oversee the graduation application and degree conferral process for Hybrid Learning students. Distribute information on graduation processes and requirements to students who are planning to graduate. Provide students and Coaches with information about graduation policies and procedures as needed. Track and report expected graduates.
- Evaluate students for degree completion. Similar tasks may also be performed for other SEBUs as determined and assigned by the Registrar.
- Monitor academic and student services websites to assure accuracy; work with appropriate units to gather information to implement changes as needed. Notify Registrar/Marketing team of necessary changes to the website information.
- Monitor Registrar's Office email account and respond to general Registrar's Office communication, questions, and student needs.
- Serve on College Task Groups as needed.
- Crosstrain in Student Services Center functions in accordance with the Vice President of Hybrid Learning’s directives.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience and have
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1-3 years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of the organization and classifications of the academic curriculum at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with post-secondary academic programs and/or transfer evaluation is preferred.
- Must be capable of independent judgement, highly motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, parents, staff, managers, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to balance conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of computerized data base systems, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to define problems, collect data establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous and well poised.
The Location As our distance education team rapidly grows, we have also acquired space at Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, Maine where our enterprise and distance education teams will be located. This position will be located at 49 Farm View Drive, New Gloucester, Maine. BenefitsUnity College offers a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, PTO, and a company match on our 403b retirement plan. Waiting periods will apply. To ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply Now” button and submit a resume and cover letter. At Unity College, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our community. Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.