Legal Practice Program Associate, Office of Faculty Support - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsLegal Practice Program Associate, Office of Faculty Support - Georgetown University Law Center
The Legal Practice Program Associate
provides professional support to the Legal Practice Program, Writing Center, and Legal Practice Faculty - assisting faculty with the entire range of their Georgetown teaching responsibilities, committee assignments, and scholarly work; and supporting the Chair of Legal Practice and Writing Center with the day-to-day administration of the Legal Practice Program, Law Fellow Program, Senior Writing Fellows, and the Writing Center. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Faculty Support, and working closely with and taking direction from the Legal Practice Chair and Writing Center Director, the Legal Practice Program Associate
has responsibilities that include but are not limited to:Faculty Assistance, Legal Practice Program
Legal Practice Program Support
- Provides course management support to assigned faculty including but not limited to: Canvas maintenance and postings; room reservation and A/V or IST requests; preparation of course materials; and travel arrangements for guest speakers.
- Provides logistical support to assigned faculty - for example, travel arrangements, reimbursements, scheduling and calendar support for Georgetown meetings and conferences; coordination with A/V, IST, Mail & Copy, external vendors, and Event Services for meeting and event support; communication with Financial Affairs for balance and spending inquiries for faculty research funds and ProCards; and troubleshooting for copy machine, faculty computer, and printer issues, escalating to the appropriate Xerox or IST contact as necessary.
- Provides communication support to assigned faculty - for example, the creation and editing of university-related correspondence and presentations; answering phones; meeting and escorting guests, and greeting visitors and students; preparing and sending university-related faxes, FedEx, courier, and mail deliveries; and updating faculty profiles on the Law Center website.
- Provides scholarship & research support to assigned faculty by scanning, photocopying, and indexing or compiling research materials; communicating requests to the library on behalf of faculty; performing basic web, Westlaw, and LexisNexis searches; assisting faculty with the indexing and cataloguing of their office libraries; assisting with the hiring of RAs; and performing other research support activities.
- Completes special projects as requested by assigned faculty, paying close attention to detail, quality of work, and project timelines.
Writing Center Support
- Serves as the student-facing representative of the Legal Practice program, handling programmatic inquiries from students, staff, and other members of the community.
- Assists with Law Fellow selection process, including creating the application, arranging recruitment events, accepting and cataloging 200+ applications, scheduling applicant interviews, cataloging law fellow and alternate acceptances, recordkeeping, and making arrangements for the selection event.
- Serves as a liaison with the Registrar's office concerning Law Fellow and Senior Writing Fellow scheduling matters.
- Arranges for oral arguments for first-year students at the local courthouses and handles logistical arrangements for oral arguments.
- With the Chair, monitors program spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Provides logistical support for the planning and execution of Legal Practice meetings and events, including the scheduling of conference space for Law Fellows.
- Supports other programmatic needs identified by the Legal Practice Chair.
- Responds to student and faculty inquiries to the Writing Center, directing them as appropriate to the Writing Center Director.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the Writing Center online appointment software and the creation of Writing Center schedules, including inputting staff information, availability, and scheduling adjustments and assisting students with appointment scheduling as needed.
- Coordinates the payroll and appointment processing of Senior Writing Fellows, and provides logistical support for the Senior Writing Fellows' application process.
- Maintains the catalog of all Writing Center guides and handouts.
- Maintains the Writing Center guides and information posted to the Georgetown Law website.
- Manages the physical Writing Center space, including its computers and printers.
- Assists with scheduling of Writing Center workshops.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 - 3 years of experience in administrative support and/or customer service roles
- Experience with the practical application of routine office practices and techniques
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working with a wide range of individuals
- Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe
- Ability to gain proficiency with other office and campus technologies (including GMS/Workday and Canvas)
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Experience in higher education administration - particularly in a Legal Writing or Law School environment
- Experience with Georgetown campus technologies (including GMS/Workday and Canvas)
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2410861&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2410861&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2410861
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency