Administrative Specialist - University Chaplaincy & Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer
University of Puget Sound
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
Regular, part-time (0.5 FTE)Position Summary:
This 0.5 FTE position will provide regular administrative support to staff in the University Chaplaincy and in the Title IX/Equal Opportunity Office. Work will include assistance with budget and finance needs, written and electronic communication, scheduling, event management and support, and related office and administrative tasks. The position will also assist in resource management for Kilworth Memorial Chapel, and in occasional support for the Title IX Officer in their investigations and hearings.Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities: Administrative, Program, and Facility Support
Title IX/Equal Opportunity Specific Responsibilities
- General administrative support for two full-time staff, with occasional support for student staff and leaders
- Assist with calendars, scheduling meetings, communications, website editing, and similar needs
- Assist in organizing and managing paper and electronic files to maximize quick and efficient access
- Review draft campus communications and reports for grammar and readability
- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistics
- Primary liaison to other administrative areas
- Assist in training student leaders in use of institutional resources
- Provide ongoing budget management, regular procurement card and budget reconciliation, and maintain communication and coordination with the Office of Finance
- Assist with ordering supplies and resources and paying invoices
- Maintain easily accessible and organized financial records
- Prepare necessary materials for departmental programs and events, including speaker/performer contracts
- Assist in preparation of end of year reports
University Chaplaincy Specific Responsibilities
- Assist with general administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and general calendar maintenance, electronic and hard copy filing, incoming/outgoing mail, taking and/or transcribing notes.
- Occasional projects as assigned including acting as hearing facilitator responsible for scheduling spaces, arranging technology, creating hearing packets, and providing general administrative support.
- Provide logistic coordination and administrative support for the Swope Endowed Lectures Committee
- Provide limited technical support and troubleshooting for resources within Kilworth Memorial Chapel
- Assist in creating and coordinating operating procedures, paperwork, and continuity reports for Kilworth Memorial Chapel
- Rare support staffing of weekday events (weddings, memorials, and programs) at Kilworth Memorial Chapel
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong ability to work, communicate, and provide leadership with students, campus, and community partners of a fully inclusive range of identities, especially including race, ethnicity, ability, nationality, religious/spiritual identity, gender identity, sexual identity, citizenship status, and socioeconomic status
- Experience with confidentiality, personal and professional boundaries
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities from multiple supervisors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and comfort working with individuals in crisis
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community members
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience mentoring and developing student staff and student leaders preferred
- Experience supporting or working with weddings and memorials preferred
Administrative & Technological Requirements
Compensation and Benefits
- Experience with budget reconciliation and management and basic accounting
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Ability to coordinate and pivot between multiple ongoing projects
- Comfort with technology in general; proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with using print and social media for publicity and communication
- Experience with Canva, 25Live, and/or Peoplesoft preferred
- Experience with CMS-type web management tools preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: https://pugetsound.edu/human-resources/benefitsApplication Deadline:
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Documents:
Resume Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment. All new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption.Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency