Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Part Time
Purpose: Supports the mission of the university and the program by providing quality education and mentorship to DPT students.
- Provides expertise to faculty and students related to the practice of physical therapy in their area of expertise.
- Collaborates with PT faculty to develop labs and lab activities that will engage student learning
- Collaborates with PT faculty to evaluate students based on course outcomes, including but not limited to grading competencies, practicals, documentation, and other written assignments
- Facilitates integration of theory and research in clinical practice
- Works with PT faculty, administrative assistants, and student workers to set up/clean up labs as directed and keep labs clean and organized.
- Inspects equipment prior to use and reports any problems with equipment to the course instructor immediately
- Assists with off-campus activities as needed
- Communicates with the course instructor to facilitate curricular integration and to inform advisors of student issues in their course
This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be contacted if specific opportunities are available.Contact hours vary according to course needs. Qualifications
- DPT OR MS + BSPT required
- Clinical specialization preferred
- Current Ohio physical therapy license without restrictions
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in area of course
- Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the course topic.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strengths in student feedback
- Is punctual and thorough in completing assigned tasks, including being presented and prepared for class and/or lab.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students, and the professional community
- Thinks creatively and critically
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
- Commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health science disciplines
- Seeks clarification or information before making decisions that affect University and Program operations
Please upload a cover letter stating your interests and your ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and successful completion of a background check will be required prior to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer