Physical Therapy Adjunct
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH, 452331670
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Allied Health
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Part TimeDescription
Purpose: Supports the mission of the university and the program by providing quality education and mentorship to DPT students.
- Collaboratively (either with course coordinator or Dept Chair) develops a course of instruction for students that provides the relevant content and learning outcomes as a part of the larger DPT curriculum.
- Collaborates with PT faculty to evaluate students based on course outcomes, including but not limited to grading competencies, practicals, documentation, and other written assignments
- Facilitates integration of theory and research in clinical practice
- Makes assignments relevant to course outcomes and students learning needs
- Sets up and cleans-up all lab activities
- Works with administrative assistants and student workers to keep labs clean and organized.
- Inspects equipment prior to use and reports any problems with equipment to lab skills coordinator and/or course instructor immediately
- Assists with off-campus activities as needed
- Communicates with core faculty to facilitate curricular integration and to inform advisors of student issues in their course
- Attends faculty meetings as possible
- DPT OR MS + BSPT required
- Ph.D., EdD, or other advanced doctoral degree preferred
- Clinical specialization preferred
- Current Ohio physical therapy license without restrictions
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in area of course
- Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health science disciplines
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the course topic.
- Serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students, and the professional community
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strengths in public speaking (classroom/lab environment)
- Thinks creatively and critically
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Is punctual and thorough in completing assigned tasks, including being presented and prepared for class and/or lab.
- Seeks clarification or information before making decisions that affect University and Program operations
Please upload a cover letter stating your interests and your ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and successful completion of a background check will be required prior to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mount St. Joseph University delivers high-quality academics, hands-on experiential learning and personalized attention from faculty and staff dedicated to your success. We consistently live a culture of ethics and service in everything we do.
A Mount education is based on an interdisciplinary liberal art and professional curricula emphasizing values, integrity, and social responsibility.
Our highly interdisciplinary, liberal arts curriculum challenges students to think outside their major and connect diverse subject matter. A robust offering of majors, double majors, and minors prepares you for a successful future.
Read more about our high-quality academics the majors, minors, and programs offered.
Cooperative and experiential education
The Mount is dedicated to you, our students, in delivering hands-on experiential learning needed to build confidence and future professional success. Nearly one-third of students who participate in cooperative education (co-op) accept full-time employment with their co-op employers.
5701 Delhi Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert