Earth SciencesWorking Title:
Temporary, part-time Earth Sciences Instructor (unsolicited)Classification:
Instructor - 24900Nature of position:
Temporary, part-timeJob Summary/Basic Function:
The Department of Earth Sciences occasionally needs temporary part-time instructors with expertise in the following areas to teach: introductory geology, meteorology, or oceanography, or related earth sciences discipline.
In addition to teaching, there is an expectation for scholarship and service commensurate with the assignment.Required Qualifications:
Master’s degree or doctorate. (One degree, either the bachelor’s or graduate degree, must be in the physical/earth sciences and the other in the same or a related field.)Quicklink for Posting/Requisition:
- Experience teaching physical/earth science to undergraduates.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Evidence of commitment to equity and diversity.
- Successful interview and teaching demonstration.
- Three successful background checks: Act 34 (Criminal Record Check); Act 114 (FBI Federal Criminal History-Fingerprinting); and Act 151 (Child Abuse History Clearance).