The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
This position will be responsible for daily management, promotion and operation of Ritchie Center Venues and Facility Rentals; including oversight of the following operating units including, without limitation; facility rental supervision, facility operations, massage therapy services, athletic training and recovery services, human resources, inventory management and maintenance, facility usage and related operations. This position delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the front line interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customer's needs.
Exceptional Student/Member/Participant/Guest Experience
- Create a Culture of Service Above Self.
- Monitor Client and Customer Satisfaction.
- Handle Inquiries, Concerns and Complaints.
Ritchie Center Facility Rentals
- Responsible for working with the Assistant Director, Ritchie Center Operations on facility rentals within the Ritchie Center and its related venues including, but not limited to:
- Provide client communication and customer service between rental booking/confirmation and billing; schedule and conduct walkthrough meetings and calls with clients prior to a rental.
- Ensure facility walkthroughs are completed at the start and end of all rentals and confirm equipment is properly stored and venue is set/reset and safe for use.
- Manage day-of-rental and resolve issues/problems/questions.
- Ensure rentals are properly staffed and supervised.
- Request and confirm rentals parking; ensure parking information is communicated to all customers and Ritchie Center staff.
- Create and execute rentals checklist; conduct annual evaluation of the checklist for additions and/or changes based on program/event/facility needs.
- Ensure all RWC staff is aware of daily events and activities.
- Manage rentals within approved University budget parameters.
- Utilize EBMS to track client notes and post-rental summaries.
Ritchie Center Facility Operations
- Maintain Daily Venue Operations.
- Maintain Facility Equipment.
- Manage Facility Equipment Inventory.
- Develop & Implement Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines for Venues
- Daily Liaison to Campus Safety and Ritchie Center Facilities Management.
- Promote Workplace Performance.
- Manage Facility Operation Staffing Requirements.
- Manage Facility Operations Staff.
- Coach Staff.
- Conduct Performance Reviews.
- Associate's degree.
- One year of facility and equipment repair experience.
- CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood Borne Pathogen; Concussion Training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of facility and equipment repair experience.
Varies. Evening and weekend hours are required with this position.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, August 13, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $51,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.