Posted: April 13, 2021
Level: SUOAF/Admin 3
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Job Posting #: BOR/SO 21-09
Closing Date: To meet the priority deadline, applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM (EST), 04/27/2021. Posting will remain open until filled.
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE:Spring 2021
Responsible for providing and maintaining specialized functional expertise using a wide variety of accounting and financial systems including but not limited to Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and federal and state tax reporting. Finance user support role to CSCU System. Provide guidance, develop documentation and provides functional training to support Finance, accounting and purchasing, to encourage consistent recording and reporting of financial transactions according to BOR, state and federal statutes. May provide system setup and finance system security and access.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required.
The successful candidate must have experience in the following:
- experience and training which includes financial management or a relevant business or public administration concentration, together with three or more year’s related experience in accounting or finance.;
- Related experience in the evaluation and functional support for a wide variety of accounting and financial systems.;
- Ability to use computers and associated software
- strong oral and written communication skills; and
- considerable interpersonal skills.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Responsible for finance support to CSCU users on current accounting systems and software to ensure that the CSCU users and system office finance staff are trained in the system functions and processes of the above mentioned financial systems.
- May provide functional and systems finance support for Accounts Payable, Purchasing, or Accounts Receivable.
- Help ensure compliance with Board policies regarding the above mentioned finance systems and processes.
- Financial systems maintenance and testing to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provide finance user functional support including on site institutional support.
- Maintain and update intranet and external websites for financial group.
- Perform general accounting and finance duties including analysis, reconciliation, and corrections of various financial accounts and reports. Monitor and reviews key operating and general ledger data and documents for consistency, accuracy, and reasonableness.
- May participate in project management, lean management, functional specification writing, and functional systems testing.
- May be responsible for administering or supporting any of the following finance processes for the CSCU System:
- System set-up and possibly security and access for the above mentioned financial systems
- Check writing operations
- Purchasing card (PCard) program
- Escheatment process
- Unclaimed Title IV process
- 1099 vendor tax reporting
- 1098T process
- Posting, allocating and/or distributing system-wide funds
- Coordinate monthly collections reconciliation process
Performs other related duties to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the positions.
$58,422 to $77,447 (midpoint) plus excellent State-supported fringe benefits.
To Apply Submit the following you must submit a cover letter and resume using the following link: Financial-Services-Specialist
Faxed, incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nick D'Agostino, Interim Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion: [email protected].
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F.