Posted: June 8 2021
Level: Administrator II/SUOAF
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Job Posting: BOR 21-21
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021
Hartford area (location may vary)
Anticipated Start Date:
Under the general direction of the Procurement Manager or designee, the Procurement Card Administrator is responsible to manage and promote the CSCU Procurement Card Program. This includes but is not limited to: supervising the day-to-day operations of the program; providing customer service and training for cardholders; auditing credit card transactions for compliance with State and CSCU policies; and communicating with JP Morgan Chase or other financial institution regarding fraudulent/disputed charges and cardholder issues.
Bachelor’s degree and Two (2) years of related experience
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
Demonstrated knowledge of PCard administration, policies and procedures and ability to independently resolve problems of unusual difficulty.
· Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to handle high volume of activity with high degree of accuracy, and strong data entry skills. Ability to work with limited supervision; self-motivated.
· Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to build and maintain good customer relationships.
· Knowledge of, and ability to interpret state, federal and CSCU policies and procedures.
· Experience with computers and Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
· Ability to travel to all CSCU campuses and/or to visit with vendors/firms.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Certified Purchasing Card Professional preferred.
Experience performing purchasing, accounts payable functions, and relevant compliance functions preferred.
Example of Job Duties:
· Create, modify, suspend, and/or cancel cardholder accounts as needed. May be required to occasionally address situations that arise that necessitate response when off site or during off hours but do not require a return to the worksite to handle emergency call as needed.
· Prepare, run, and review various reports in Excel, JP Morgan Chase or other financial institution, and other reporting tools when appropriate on a daily basis.
· Serve as reference helpdesk for cardholder questions and assisting cardholders with various issues. Provide training over-the-phone and in-person.
· Perform audits on cardholder transactions and expense reports; monitor Procurement Card activity and usage patterns; investigates unusual charges and recommends appropriate action. The position is responsible for following up with cardholders on any questionable charge and clarifying all issues with the institution stakeholders.
· Propose, write, and implement policy and procedure changes as part of continuous improvement of the Procurement Card Program. Ensure that all policies and procedures are strictly followed.
· Serve as the liaison between the CSCU and the credit card provider. Provide testing and assist in the development of ongoing card software upgrades and enhancements.
· Promote the usage of the program by consistent communication about the program benefits.
· Perform other purchasing related duties and assist with purchasing projects as assigned, consistent with the rank of this position.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
$48,261 to $65,865 (midpoint) approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion [email protected]
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F