The System Administrator is responsible for activities related to the design, installation, management, and maintenance of University-wide virtual infrastructure. They are accountable for the daily administration of the Microsoft domain environment and the associated change requests. The System Administrator is expected to be available during designated maintenance windows in order to make appropriate updates and changes to the University-wide campus VMware environments and Microsoft based servers.
Essential Job Functions
Planning, Testing and Deploying System Upgrades/Patches -90%
- Maintain and enhance the SAN data storage infrastructure across the university
- Manage, install, and update Microsoft based servers
- Secondary administer for the Veritas NetBackup environment
- Take the lead on administering the VMware environment
- Act as the primary system administrator with Microsoft Windows based servers
- Assist with Google email administration and SSL certificate management
- User support of file/department shares on Microsoft based servers
- Administration of the Dell Kace environment
- Ensure all departmental and university polices are followed
- Participate as scheduled in training to keep skills current for cutting-edge service and support
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 2 years of experience in information technology supporting Microsoft Windows servers, or a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Familiar with TCP/IP networking, IT security and system administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Server administration.
- Working knowledge of VMware and Veritas NetBackup administration in a multisite environment.
- Expert knowledge and management of Microsoft Windows operating systems in a virtual environment.
- Extensive knowledge and management of Dell SAN switches and EqualLogic arrays.
- Basic understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP.
- Expertise in the installation and management of storage area networks.
- Self-directed and highly motivated to work individually and as part of a team with a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Skill in network design, installation, and, maintenance.
- Proficient with communicating effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizes tasks, and meets critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to learn and function with the next generation of technology ahead of the curve.
Hours of Employment-
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Availability outside of normal hours will be required during schedule maintenance periods and during emergency escalation calls.
Position may work from any Antioch University campus located in Yellow Springs, OH; Keene, NH; Culver City, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Seattle, WA.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover-letter, resume/CV and three business references when applying.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.