Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
TSU202477Official TSU Title:
Adjunct Instructor Radio, Television and Film Grant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
The adjunct instructor for the Department of Radio, Television and Film reports to the Chair, RTF Department, and Dean and is responsible for supporting and advancing the mission and goals of the university and the college/school in all academic, scholarly and student support activities. The adjunct instructor typically teaches 3-6 semester credit hours of assigned courses in Radio, Television and Film or Professional Communication and Digital Media and related Concentrations, develops curriculum and course content, advises students on course requirements and participates in college/school activities for the advancement of organizational goals and student success.Essential Duties Summary:
- Supports and advances the mission and goals of the university and the college/school in all academic and scholarly activities.
- May develop curriculum and course content. May also select text books for inclusion in curriculum content.
- Teaches courses in various mediums (traditional, on-line, blended) as assigned to college level students. May cover other classes for instructors who are absent.
- Establishes and holds office hours for students to receive counseling and advice on class requirements.
- Participates in college/school activities requiring faculty presence.
- May serve on college/school/ and university committees as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Commensurate with experience.Education:
Requires at least 18 graduate-level hours (or Professional experience) in Radio, Television and Film, Professional Communication and Digital Media, Journalism and Multimedia Production, Screenwriting, Film and Television Production or related field. A Master’s degree, MFA, or higher degree in Mass Communication and Digital Media, Film Production and Directing, Screenwriting, Directing, Producing, Social Media and Digital Media Production, Professional Communication or related fields from an accredited college or university is preferred.Required Licensing/Certification:
N/AKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Online platforms, workflows, utilized to support teaching of specialized content.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Command of technical and functional procedures, processes and subject matter in a job family or professional discipline to handle most situations and lead and/or review the work of others in multiple job classifications performing diverse responsibilities.
- Strong time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Submit attendance and grade reports by stated deadlines.
- Make sound independent decisions within the context of the departmental, community, and university environments.
- Work independently.
Prolonged standing and/or walking.Handling light weight objects.Using or carrying equipment. UA EEO Statement:
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Close Date:
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
08/01/2022Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.