Assistant Director, Employer Engagement
Target Hire Date
11/01/2021 - 2 months to goJoin our community and experience Emerson College!
Engage with current and new employers to continue the broad range of opportunities for our students and alumni.
Looking for a Results-Driven Person to build strong relationships and to reinforce partnerships with leading businesses to enhance our student's internship and employment opportunities.Your Team: Career Development Center
, Employer RelationsYour Direct Reports:
Employer Relations SpecialistYour Key Responsibilities:Management of Process and People:
- Lead employer relations team through developing/maintaining a strategic plan to strengthen employer relations.
- Work effectively with employers for all their recruiting needs.
- Assist employers to strengthen their diversity, equity, and inclusion recruiting efforts.
- Develop strong networks of employers, alumni, faculty, colleagues and students.
- Identify best practices with new regional, national and international employer relationships for arts and communication fields using knowledge of current labor market trends.
- Assist with facilitating the employer and faculty advisory council: the agenda and managing ongoing communications with the council.
Your Other Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain consistent policies and procedures for employers and students.
- Manages the process for employer and job approvals within Handshake. Uses the platform to prospect new employers and maintain existing relationships
Coordinates with the office's Marketing Communication Manager on the distribution of the First Destination Survey. Utilizes the report to identify employment trends amongst the graduating classes, and to identify new employer relationships.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Contribute to the leadership, strategy, and development of the employer relations team.
- Provide ongoing supervision and training of Employer Relations Coordinator.
- Provide information to all staff about employer relations activities, database management, and employer needs.
- Direct efforts in organizing major events, such as semi-annual Internship Fair.
- Handle outreach to targeted employers; manage registration and event planning details.
- Supervise the coordinating of individual employer events.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in supervising staff
- 2-4 years of experience in employer relations activities, account management, and/or business development.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to connect with multiple, and vary audiences.
- Organization and event planning skills.
- Experience organizing on-campus activities that connect students and employers.
- Time management, multitasking, and strategic planning skills.
- Proficient in the understanding, benefits, and use of data.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Career Services, Human Resources, Business Development, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of current labor market and employment trends for the arts and communication fields.
- Experience with employment and recruiting efforts.
- Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and mental concentration for extended periods of time
- Requires the constant coordination of mental and visual attention
- Required to move/lift objects that are - Light
- Required to move/life objects - Occasionally
- Travel - Moderate (25% of the time)
Grade of Position: A16E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $61,350.00 - $64,300.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Assistant-Director--Employer-Engagement_JR002832
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.Diversity Statement
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency