Instructor - Majors Biology (Fall 2022)
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description
This position is contingent upon ongoing and available funding.
The Department of Biological Sciences provides quality instruction for courses required by limited-entry programs in Health Sciences and the Associate of Science Degree in Biology. The Department currently has a strong focus on increasing throughput of students to limited entry Health Sciences programs by expanding offerings in general biology courses, including sections on weekends.
Under Direction of the Department Chair, successful applicants will support the mission of the Nevada System of Higher Education, the College of Southern Nevada, the School of Science and Mathematics, and the Department of Biological Sciences by:
- Teaching transferable, entry-level general biology lectures and laboratories for BIOL 189 and BIOL 190 (primary teaching assignment).
- Teaching transferable entry-level general biology lectures and labs for BIOL 101 and BIOL 197 (secondary teaching assignment)
- Applying a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of the student population and the standards of the discipline,
- Developing clear syllabi and effective course materials.
- Evaluating student mastery of skills and competencies required by course learning outcomes.
- Participating in course and program assessment and curricular development.
- Participating in discipline, department, and school meetings and activities
- Serving on department, school, and college-wide committees that focus on unit planning and institutional decision-making.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with students, faculty, and staff of diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Teaching on multiple campuses during day or evening hours, and on weekends.
- Master of Science degree in a biological science from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum of one year of experience teaching general biology at the college level.
Starting Salary Range
- Ph.D. in a biological science from an accredited College or University.
- At least one year of experience teaching majors biology at a community college.
- At least one year of experience teaching non-majors biology at the college level.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrated experience with assessment of course and program student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce.
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes. This position is eligible for relocation assistance contingent upon available funding as defined in the CSN-NFA Collective Bargaining Agreement.Exempt
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application.
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email and phone number)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
01/1/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Henderson-Campus/Instructor---Majors-Biology--Fall-2022-_R0124033
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency