Adjunct Mathematics Instructor FY 2021-2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2403022&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description
- Teach Mathematics courses as assigned and scheduled by the Department Chair through the Adjunct Coordinator in a Web-Remote or In-Person format.
- Respond to student emails in a thoughtful and professional manner (preferably within 24 hours)
- Develop syllabi that conform to CSN standards and that provide students with a week-to-week overview of course and teacher expectations, grading policies and outcomes.
- Aware of and ready to teach co-requisite model of courses.
- Collaborate with other adjunct and full-time instructors at the College through our Community of Practice program.
- Hold at least one hour of office hours per week per section taught.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all emails from the Adjunct Coordinator and Department Chair.
- Be willing to always put the CSN Motto “Students First” at the forefront of all discussions, communications, and decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or a related STEM field.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or a related STEM field or a Master's Degree in any field with at least 18 additional credit hours in Mathematics.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a high school or higher education setting or equivalent industry working experience that required use of mathematics/statistics.
$925 per credit hour. Most courses are 3, 4
or 5 credit hours. Please Note: This job announcement is not an offer of employment. It will be open for a period of one year and has been established to collect a robust candidate pool for part-time positions that may become available within the designated discipline at CSN. If a part-time position becomes available within the discipline, the department will review the application material of the candidates who have applied and will invite select candidates to interview based on their qualifications. Should a candidate be selected for a part-time instructor position, no minimum course load is guaranteed and teaching assignments, if any, are contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, minimum student enrollment and/or department need. No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided to local or out of area/out of state candidates and there is no guarantee of continued or future part-time and/or full-time employment. Exempt
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
Posting Close Date
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Adjunct-Mathematics-Instructor---FY-2021-2022_R0125823
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency