College Work Study - Multicultural Center - Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description**Only CSN Students who have accepted the Student Employment Award offer may apply**For Semester/Term:
Fall 2021Hiring Department:
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Multicultural CenterMulticultural Center Mission
The Multicultural Center works collaboratively to affirm, educate, and empower our diverse CSN community. With a student-centered focus, we offer impactful programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for identity development, community engagement, and leadership cultivation to improve campus climate and increase retention. What We Do:
The center operates under the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion which reports directly to the college's president. The Multicultural Center is excited to work with students, faculty, and staff to ensure all members of our CSN community have a welcoming and meaningful experience at CSN.
As such, the following are a few of the initiatives and services we offer:
- Empowerment Network Initiative - The Empowerment Network Initiative (ENI) is an identity-based cohort program that assists and empowers students during their journey at CSN.
- Events - We offer a variety of social, cultural and educational programs that affirm identities and create community.
- Multicultural Graduation Celebration (MGC) - A celebratory event to recognize the accomplishments of CSN students. Families and friends are encouraged to attend the MGC prior to CSN's official commencement ceremony.
This position is responsible for front desk operations of the Multicultural Center. Individuals holding this position must be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills. This individual will provide excellent customer service and a welcoming environment to students, faculty/staff, and community members, enforce all front desk policies of the office and be able to communicate to diverse group of patrons. Our services benefit CSN students, staff and the community outside of CSN.Responsibilities
Work Experience in our Department supports the following Degree/Certificate Programs:
- Provide excellent customer service to all individuals who enter the space while upholding the values of the office which may include appropriately educating visitors on their speech and behavior.
- Complete administrative tasks and errands as assigned by office staff.
- Assist in marketing and recruitment efforts for various initiatives within the office.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance of front office and meeting space.
- Relay outstanding/pending tasks to replacement shift prior to being relieved.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives.
- Follow all NSHE, CSN, Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Multicultural Center policies and procedures as it applies to the confidentiality of all office and student information; and follow all emergency procedures and policies.
Certificate/degree programs that result in employment where office, event planning and customer service skills will be required.Required Qualifications:
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Must be available for mandatory monthly staff meetings.
- Ability to work Front Desk Hours 8am-5pm (Monday - Friday)
- A passion for diversity and multiculturalism.
Work Hours per week:
Hourly Rate of Pay: $10.00Exempt
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume/CV: List a detailed description of the major duties you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- A copy of your latest CSN Award Notification showing the Student Employment Award. You can find this in your email or in your MyCSN Communication Center.
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. To prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Disclaimer
Offer and acceptance of a Work Study Award are not a guarantee of employment. Wages under this position are paid from Work Study awards administered by the CSN Financial Aid Department. To maintain eligibility, students must
Posting Close Date
- Show a financial aid eligible major (degree or certificate program) declared with the CSN Office of the Registrar, and
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress after each semester/term to qualify for employment within the academic year, and
- Show degree compliant enrollment for each semester/term for which funding is desired.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits and meet additional eligibility requirements of the Silver State Regents Service Program for summer semester/term employment.
12/17/2021Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/College-Work-Study---Multicultural-Center---Office-of-Diversity--Equity--and-Inclusion---FY-2022_R0125837
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency