Associate Director, HR, Provost Centers
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director, HR, Provost CentersJob Profile Title
Associate Director DJob Description Summary
The position reports to the Senior Director HR, Provost Centers and will act as an HR Generalist for assigned departments/centers. These assigned areas include Admissions, Penn Global, University Museum, Graduate Student Center, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, The Institutional Review Board, New Student Orientation and Academic Initiatives, Office of Research Compliance & Integrity, University Press, and Annenberg Center. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for: staff relations issues, performance management guidance, hiring processes, on-boarding and overall collaboration with managers and staff to provide guidance on variety of issues. This candidate will also support Provost Center HR staff in other Provost related areas.Job DescriptionResponsibilities:
- Act as HR Generalist for selected departments/centers; handle all staff relations issues; advise directors, managers, staff on HR policies, procedures, best practices; review and assist with all performance management issues.
- Liaise with Chief Financial Officer on HR needs of selected staff, assisting with HR related programs, such as annual performance reviews; Assist managers & staff with questions on HR and University policies, benefits; train new managers on best practices.
- Participate in organizational development and strategic planning for assigned areas, providing guidance on best way to implement any changes. Work with leadership on implementation.
- Develop and deliver training programs addressing the needs of supervisors and/or staff.
- Compensation: review positions to determine job profile/salary/title for posting; review requests for mid-year adjustments for reclassification and/or salary adjustments; complete surveys; work with managers to develop job descriptions for new or replacement positions. Coordinate hiring process with Sr. Staff Recruiter, Provost Centers. Assist with organizational issues as needed.
- Coordinate with PAA Finance Group to ensure decisions/actions are within budgetary constraints.
- Act as backup for Sr. Director of HR or other Associate Directors of HR as required.
- Work with hiring officers to on-board staff appropriately; Conduct exit interviews; provide advice to senior leadership based on interviews. Review benefits with new staff as needed.
BA/BS plus 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in human resources management is required. Higher education experience preferred. Experience should include most or all of the following areas: employee relations, classification and compensation, job analysis, job evaluation, recruitment, retention, affirmative action, organizational and talent development, employee engagement and communications, investigations, and labor relations. Skills: Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse university community, outstanding leadership and management skills, and understanding of automated management information systems, and a sound knowledge of relevant federal, state and local government regulations and equal opportunity policies are required. Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills are required. Prior compensation and Workday experience is preferred.Please include a Cover Letter to be considered for this opportunity Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Provost's CenterPay Range
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3401-Walnut-Street/Associate-Director--HR--Provost-Centers_JR00037199
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency