Director of Marketing for Penn Engineering Online
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Director of Marketing for Penn Engineering OnlineJob Profile Title
Director, MarketingJob Description Summary
Penn Engineering's world-acclaimed faculty, state-of-the-art research laboratories and highly interdisciplinary curricula offer an experience that is unparalleled. Innovation and technology drive every program and transform the fundamentals of what future engineers are learning. http://www.seas.upenn.edu/
Penn Engineering Online is looking for a proven marketing leader interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-driven team.Job Description
Penn Engineering Online is looking for a proven marketing leader interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-driven team. Reporting to the Executive Director of Penn Engineering Online with a dotted reporting line to the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs, the Director of Marketing will create, lead and drive a strategic and tactical marketing and communications plan, ensuring enrollment goals are met for multiple online at-scale graduate degree programs. As the first leadership hire for marketing in Penn Engineering, the Director of Marketing will build a team responsible for all aspects of marketing while being ultimately responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of communication and marketing efforts across all channels. The Director of Marketing will oversee daily operations including lead generation, funnel management, lead nurturing, paid search, web, email, social media, communications and public relations. Working closely with the Executive Director, Associate Dean of Graduate Programs and Dean of Penn Engineering, the Director of Marketing will develop priorities, set goals, measure effectiveness through analysis of metrics, and make adjustments to improve performance. Critical to the success of the position, the Director of Marketing will cultivate and manage relationships with internal communication and marketing departments, external marketing agencies and various vendors and consultants to meet goals.
The Director of Marketing will also serve as an advisor to other teams within the School of Engineering interested in expanding their knowledge of degree program marketing.
- Marketing Strategy and Plan: Create, lead and drive a strategic and tactical marketing and communications plan, ensuring enrollment goals are met for multiple online at-scale graduate degree programs. Identify new market opportunities and lead the positioning strategy. Develop and oversee a marketing budget. Develop and effectively utilize a system of metrics to continually test the effectiveness of efforts, ensure a strong ROI and optimize marketing efforts to meet goals. Conduct ongoing analysis of paid advertising, web, email, and social content, and partner with external marketing contacts/firms to create analytic reports. Distill analysis into insights to inform marketing strategy, and share data with internal and external stakeholders.
- Day-to-Day Operations: Build and manage a team responsible for all day-to-day marketing operations including content development and management, digital and social presence, inquiry generation and management, marketing tech management (CRM) and ongoing email and social campaigns. Ensure the work produced is accurate, timely, effective, and on brand. Oversee successful and highly productive relationships with agencies, vendors and others as needed to achieve goals.
- Communications: Develop and build the brand presence for Penn Engineering Online and all degree programs. Ensure high-quality and consistency as well as managing permissions, student privacy and other considerations.
- Collaboration with On-Campus Grad Admissions: Serve as a resource to on-campus admissions staff by regularly sharing best practices, templates and other resources.
- Marketing Tech: Support the development of marketing automation tools including but not limited to a CRM. Assist with the management of both internal staff and external agencies to ensure the system is most effective. Develop strategic workflows to drive lead nurturing campaigns.
- Research innovations and trends in the field. Represent Penn Engineering Online to external marketing professionals, learning platform professionals, and the greater marketing and communications learning community. As a member of the Engineering Online leadership team, collaborate regularly with others to help drive the mission and vision for Online education in Penn Engineering. Work closely with the Engineering Online admissions and recruitment team, faculty program directors and other internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, and a minimum of seven years of marketing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Strong data analysis skills and knowledge of data privacy policies
- Familiarity with CRMs such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, HubSpot or similar
- Must be results oriented with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must have an understanding of marketing trends in the higher education sector
- Proficient with GSuite
- Intermediate Excel skills such as pivot tables, vlookup and filters required for the position, advanced Excel skills preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment preferred
Note: Cover Letter strongly recommendedJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Engineering and Applied SciencePay Range
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3600-Market-Street/Director-of-Marketing-for-Penn-Engineering-Online_JR00037090-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency