The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Communications ManagerJob Profile Title
Communications Specialist SeniorJob Description Summary
The Communications Manager is responsible for leading institution-wide implementation of media relations and public affairs strategies central to the Penn Biden Center's mission to promote Penn scholarship into the policy world. She/He/They will manage overall, high-quality, timely, responsive administrative planning, support, and coordination for the Penn Biden Center related to communications in Washington, D.C., also in support of Perry World House. This includes media outreach, engagement with core policy audiences, social media strategizing and leveraging, dissemination of written outputs, writing and design support, and a range of other administrative and creative tasks that help the Penn Biden Center connect with its internal and external constituencies and influence global policy. This position will be expected to work on-site in Washington, D.C. according to university policies.Job Description
The Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement at the University of Pennsylvania is founded on the principle that a democratic, open, secure, tolerant, and interconnected world benefits all Americans. Based in our nation's capital, the Penn Biden Center engages our fellow citizens in shaping this world, while ensuring the gains of global engagement are widely shared. The Penn Biden Center engages Penn's students and partners with its faculty and global centers to convene world leaders, develop and advance smart policy, and strengthen the national debate for continued American global leadership in the 21st century. It works with Perry World House, Penn's hub for global engagement, to bridge the gap between academia and the global policy work.
The Communications Manager will be a leader in helping the Penn Biden Center bridge the gap with core policy audiences in Washington, D.C. and around the world, develop and maintain media and influencer lists and produce and prepare communications for these audiences; support core communications channels including social media, website and email lists; edit and post video shorts; manage Penn Biden Center/Perry World House photo/video/audio archives; draft content for the website and other outlets; help design and disseminate output materials; track user analytics; maximize these channels to achieve Penn Biden Center's programmatic and other goals; and grow the audience for Penn Biden Center programs and outputs. Other administrative duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree and have 5-8 years' experience working at an expert level in a communications, marketing, or public relations role, preferably in the U.S. government or think tank community, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred. Have outstanding organizational, written and verbal skills; possess the ability to think and execute strategically and creatively with visual and written content; be an excellent writer and editor -- with the ability to deliver complex content in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. A passion for global affairs will be an asset to the candidate's ability to engage key audiences. A successful candidate will have very high-level relationships with a range of media outlets and journalists as well as within the U.S. government and globally. S/he or they will have other video editing and design tools, such as through Apple platforms. A successful candidate should work well with others, be flexible, communicative, and a self-starter, with an ability to multitask. S/he or they will be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, rigorous environment. Job Location - City, State
Washington, District of ColumbiaDepartment / School
Penn GlobalPay Range
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Penn-Biden-Center-DC/Communications-Manager_JR00036290
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency