A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Produces visual communication publications, such as brochures, flyers, advertisements and one-sheets for the Radow College of Humanaties and Social Sciences. Writes articles, news releases, ad copy, marketing copy, statements, letters, memos, reports and other forms of communication aimed at garnering media coverage of events, programs and activities at KSU as assigned. Designs and distributes newsletter for faculty, staff, alumni and university contacts aimed at recruiting students. Oversees social media and web updates for assigned programs and initiatives within the college.
Serves as a Managing Editor of a scholarly journal, including the arrangement of the editorial schedule with the authors, readers and editors. Manages correspondence with authors, inquiries, support, reminders, updates etc., as needed and supplemental to those automated by ScholarOne. Liaises with the journal's publisher as needed. Nominates readers to be peer reviewers subject to the executive editor's approval.
Assists with maintaining the production systems to ensure timely and successfully production of print issues and Journals. Assists with monitoring deadlines and regularly updating editors and authors about progress and making others aware of priority tasks throughout the publishing cycle.
For more information on the department please visit: https://radow.kennesaw.edu/index.php Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Leads the designing and publishing of assigned projects and ensures publication in the appropriate format or collateral adhering to brand management guidelines
- Designs and executes marketing and advertising projects
- Manages outreach via online or social media avenues and maintains updated contact lists
- Manages website updates and manages the editorial process, including the arrangement of the editorial schedule with the authors, readers and editors
- Manages the editorial process of the Journal of Peacebuilding & Development and acts as a liaison between authors, editors, and the publisher
- Manages all intake of manuscripts in Scholar One for the Journal of Peacebuilding & Development
- Assists in the collection, analysis, and implementation of ongoing program evaluation and monitoring for annual reviews and SACs reports
- Creates and reports pre and post tests for university and program-initiated evaluations, typically through online survey instruments and reports findings to Director
- Creates and maintains Editorial Calendars in collaboration with the editorial teams annually
- Manages the editorial process, including the arrangement of the editorial schedule with the authors, readers and editors
- Manages correspondence with authors, inquiries, support, reminders, updates etc., as needed and supplemental to those automated by SO (via email)
- Manages the peer review process in order to provide needed support to reviewers
- Liaison with ScholarOne staff and administration, providing regular updates production editor as to production timelines
- Assists Senior Editorial Team with correspondences and decisions related to the Advisory Board
- Creates and maintains the editorial charts
- Oversees the Resources Section development, in collaboration with the issue Lead Editor
- Monitors the initiation, production or closing of multiple issues
- Provides support to the journal, marketing and communication efforts of the college
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related fieldOther Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's licenseRequired Experience
Four (4) years relevant work experience with marketing and communication materials Preferred Qualifications Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree in Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or EnglishPreferred Experience
Experience with Dreamweaver, Omni, or other WYSIWYG website applications
Experience with Cloud-based applications like OneDrive, DropBox and Google Docs
Experience with the publication process of research articles
Experience as managing editor of a scholarly journal
Experience with the Adobe Create Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to interact effectively with internal and external editors, contributors, and reviewers
Able to assist with special events
Able to maintain professional integrity, privacy, and discretion in sensitive matters with authors, peer reviewers, and interdisciplinary units
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Familiarity with open access publishing platforms
Logistical experience in terms of editorial management as well as event managementSKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Publishing Software Systems (ScholarOne), Survey Instruments (Qualitrics), Adobe Suite of products and basic video editing software such as Final Cut Pro)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=230427&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency