St. Edward's University
Administrative CoordinatorSchool of Arts and Humanities Dean's Office
St. Edward's University invites applicants to apply for the Administrative Coordinator position. The Administrative Coordinator will provide complex clerical and administrative support to the School Dean, Associate Deans, and Department Chairs in the School of Arts and Humanities. The position requires excellent organizational and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and works efficiently.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Screen Dean's Office phone calls and act as a liaison between the Dean and faculty, staff, students, parents, advisory board, visitors, vendors, and other University and community contacts.
- Prepare contingent faculty hiring paperwork, supplemental payment forms, process payroll for faculty overloads, and generate teaching contracts for contingent faculty.
- Prepare and submit Concur and Banner reports as necessary; serve as the resource person when faculty have questions about Concur.
- Submit new vendor paperwork to Accounts Payable and submit honorarium/direct invoice payment requests in a timely manner as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant to the Dean on budgets in general, with special attention to the professional development budgets of individual faculty.
- Lead the recruiting, training, and supervision of student employees in the Dean's office; process student payroll forms and approve student timesheets as needed, oversee the Smartsheet and Argos hiring systems and provide faculty support with the student hiring process as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Registrar staff and Arts & Humanities during semester schedule building process, including soliciting and compiling master Smartsheet schedule data and submitting individual schedule change requests via the Smartsheet form platform.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Assessment to ensure that the School's data is stored appropriately on an annual basis; serve on the School's assessment committee.
- Work with Institutional Effectiveness and Planning regarding course evaluation and faculty grade distribution data; download, organize, compile, and distribute this data for use in faculty annual evaluations.
- Manage scheduling/calendar requests on behalf of the Dean and other Dean's Office Staff, as needed.
- Manage School's master event schedule.
- Organize and participate in meetings (regular and ad-hoc) as needed, including building and distributing meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Successfully lead the planning and/or execution of various Arts & Humanities events.
, a Bachelor's degree is preferred with one year of administrative experience or an equivalent combination of college coursework and directly related experience. Expertise in the use of Banner preferred. Data entry/retrieval, spreadsheet, and database experience required. Ability to learn other programs, including Banner database software, as necessary.
Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills are required. Ability to interact confidentially and professionally with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public. Ability to work under heavy pressure at times and efficiently manage multiple priorities. Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with personnel from other departments
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Ability to learn other programs, including Banner database software, as necessary. Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency