A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Develops, organizes and implements comprehensive programs in the assigned college, department and/or unit. Responsible for preparing and organizing programs and activities. Promotes programs internal and external to the university and evaluates effectiveness. Ensures programs comply with university and USG policies and procedures. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Develops, prepares, coordinates and implements assigned programs
- Manages and facilitates department communications including program marketing, website creation, mobile applications and social media
- Serves as liaison and communicates with academic divisions, colleges and departments
- May assists in developing, monitoring and managing budget processes
- Manages event planning, marketing and logistics
- Interprets, evaluates, develops and implements policies and procedures
- Creates, administers, and analyzes assessment programs
- Facilitates program components, post-program evaluation and operational reporting
- Assists with developing new programming
- Prepares operational reports and analysis to inform center-level reporting and decision-making
- May supervise assigned staff and/or student assistants
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.Required Experience
Three (3) years of related work experience Preferred Qualifications Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree in a field of education, higher education, or related field Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and actively contribute to the creation and implementation of short and long-range department goals; the ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize among competing needs
- Ability to creatively problem solve and independently initiate and develop action plan for addressing identified issues
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with key campus stakeholders
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Excellent project management skills; Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=230984&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency