Temporary Part - Time Academic Advising Coach - FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description
Academic Advising is looking for student-centered, customer friendly temporary part-time employees who are interested in becoming knowledgeable paraprofessionals as Advising Coach. With oversight from the Sr. Academic Advisors on each campus, the Advising Coach serve as representatives for Academic Advising in-person at each main campus providing valuable resources, assistance with providing enrollment information and general inquiry assistance. Advising Coaches assist and support prospective, new, and continuing CSN students during the critical open enrollment period before each long semester (May 1-August 30 and November 15-January 31). This position will be required to work on campus and may be asked to work at either of the three main campuses (West Charleston, Henderson, and North Las Vegas).Position Summary
- Provide enrollment assistance and staff computer labs for Open Registration on each college campus.
- Staff the Academic Advising Registration Hotline (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Provide phone call follow-up to First Steps students who have met with an Academic Advisor and have not completed their course registration.
- Refers students to other Student Service departments when necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge about and champion the First Steps (onboarding for new students) process with incoming students
- Assist students with understanding important MyCSN details such as To Do List, Communication Center, Declaration of major, Student Center
- Act as a referral source to support all students and student services areas at all three campuses.
- Guide students in accessing the many academic resources available at CSN and provide referrals
- May provide online student support through email outreach projects and responding to general academic and resource questions
- Administrative duties associated with the position include, but are not limited to, regular reporting of Open Registration Workshop data, Registration Hotline data, and phone engagement campaigns.
- Attend and participate in all required training workshops provided in student services and college transition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have proficient computer skills including ability to work remotely using various collaborative computer software such as MS Teams, Webex, and or Zoom.
- Must have working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be a CSN student in their last semester or have completed an Associate's degree or higher.
- Ability to demonstrate a focus and practice on putting “students first” that translates in all responsibilities as a Coyote Concierge
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- At least one year of customer service related experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor computer issues (e.g. sign-in, log-on, computer access issues)
- Perform duties in such a way as to foster a work atmosphere that promotes civility, courtesy, collegiality, collaboration, and overall excellent customer service.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week; may require work on weekends and evenings.
The ability to speak a second language (e.g., Spanish).Starting Salary
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (Optional)
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
08/31/2021Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Temporary-Part---Time-Academic-Advising-Coach---FY-2021_R0125192
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency